Tuesday 24 May 2011

Your Name Is My Mantra.

Ballad For SM
 
 You say you have no wisdom, yet it’s your gentle hand that unfolds
mine-bid me to release ignorance.
You say you are not rich, yet it’s your cup that pours three
endless streams into mine, yours not yet empty
You say you are not strong¸ and yet it is you who carry me on
your back, when worldly legs betray me

I hardly get to hold you, and yet by your devotion, you
ensure the Dharma holds on to me
I hardly have quietness with you, yet by your merits you
command the tempest in me to hush and abide
I hardly get to talk to you, yet the mantras you whisper in
my ears, speak sweetly to me all day long
I hardly get to see you, and yet I see more of my true self
by the honest Love that is You.

I look for you, but you never left my side.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The poem above was written on April 4th 2011, for Smingle who single-handedly changed my life with her love even as I destroyed hers with my wickedness, delusions and lies. So that her love is not wasted, I shall give up the world and try to be simply a good human being.
There is nothing more precious and delicate than honest love. Thank you Smingle.Your name is my mantra which I shall whisper in my thoughts each minute until my life ends. It is the mantra that will take me home.